Important Changes To Keep Our Patients, Their Families And Our Staff Safe From COVID-19
We have new policies and procedures in the office to ensure the safety of everyone that enters the office. These changes are based on the guidelines set out by the Provincial Health Officer and the College of Dental Surgeons of BC. The updated measures include:
- Patient and Staff Wellness Screening
- Physical Distancing:
- we have created a virtual waiting room and a virtual reception desk
- spacing between patients in the clinic has been increased
- we are seeing fewer patients each day and appointment times are staggered
- Infection Prevention and Control
- we have modified our already rigorous infection control procedures to address the unique characteristics of the Novel Coronavirus
- we are wearing different protective equipment to keep you and us safe
- frequent hand hygiene is critical
What this Means for Our Patients
Our waiting area is closed. We have developed a protocol for you to contact us when you arrive outside our building. You will be provided with a phone number to text so you can let us know when you have arrived. We will respond with a text to let you know when we are ready to have you come up to the clinic.
- Only patients are admitted to the office. Limiting the number of people that enter our office is key in addressing the risk of transmission. Children under the age of 10 and any patients who need assistance can have one accompanying person.
- Everyone who enters the office has their temperature taken and are screened, this applies to patients and anyone that accompanies them. You will be asked to clean your hands. All staff are screened each day as well.
- A log is kept of everyone who enters the office.
- Please do not come to the office if you are sick.
- Please do not be late, our scheduling protocols will make it so we cannot see you if you do not arrive on time.
- Walk in patients cannot be accommodated.
- Only patients are allowed in the clinical area.
- To control the number of contacts in the office administrative processes will be handled virtually.
- Appointments, progress updates, financial information and transactions will all be managed remotely by telephone, email or using the office MyOrthodontist App. Please see information regarding the App on our website, including how to download it.
- Tooth brushing stations are closed so please clean your teeth well before your appointment.
- Public restrooms in the building are closed.
These are a lot of changes and it will take time for us all to adjust to them. What hasn’t changed however is our commitment to providing you with the best possible orthodontic care in a warm and friendly environment.
If you have any questions about what is being done in our office to ensure the safety of everyone who is treated or works here, please do not hesitate to ask.